The kitchen is the heart of many homes. That means it’s a natural gathering place for any occasion from family dinners to holiday parties. Although we could all probably use just a little more space in the kitchen, that’s not always possible. Fortunately, there are lots of tips and tricks to make the most of the space you do have. Here are five ideas to consider when remodeling your small kitchen.
- Add mirrors. Mirrors open up small spaces by giving the illusion of more room. You can hang a mirror on an open wall in your kitchen but you can also use mirrors on the facings of your cabinet doors or your backsplash.
- Maximize your cabinet space. Speaking of cabinets, there are tons of clever ways to remodel your cabinets. Sliding cabinet doors allow you to maximize your space for storing pantry items, as well as for trash and recycling under your sink.
- Choose colors wisely. You’ll want to pay close attention to the color scheme you use in any small space. Consider going monochrome throughout your kitchen, from the paint to the cabinets to the island. Or, choose something that’s simple and striking, such as a black and white combo.
- Open up your storage spaces. Open shelving gives a much lighter feel to a small kitchen. Use these types of shelves to store your dishes. Also think about hanging your pots and pans from a rack on the wall or ceiling instead of having them take up so much cabinet space.
- Find ways to rearrange the space. Use your remodeling job as an excuse to explore adding or changing up your doors, pass-throughs, islands, or other natural dividers in your kitchen. What works and what doesn’t? What can make the space more appealing for your everyday life and for entertaining?
For more advice on remodeling and home renovations in Saskatoon, call J.A.B.A Construction at (306) 384-9288 or request a quote online.